If you’re dreaming of pursuing a career in recording, you’re in good company. Full Sail began as a recording school back in 1979, and in the years since, has built extensively upon its foundational curriculum. Today, the Recording Arts bachelor of science program provides not only the skills needed to capture an artist’s sound, but also a comprehensive understanding of techniques used throughout the audio industry. From live music production to audio postproduction for film, television, and video games, you’ll cover a wide array of procedures and applications – all while working with the same gear found in professional studios.
- Session Recording - This course walks students through the theory, philosophy, and practice of contemporary music production in a world-class studio facility.
- Vocal Production ‐ This course examines preproduction with vocalists, establishing producer/vocalist rapport, conducting a vocal session, vocal compilation and background vocals, microphone selection, and signal processing and mixing for vocals and voice-overs.
- Audio Postproduction - This course provides students with an overview of production sound and audio postproduction sound design for film and television.
Full Sail Grad Gary Rizzo’s Award Season Culminates with Second Oscar
17 Full Sail Grads Credited on 11 GRAMMY-Winning Projects
Grad Juan Peralta (Jurassic World)
Mentoring a New Class of Engineers
Our degree programs are offered at a faster pace than traditional schools, so that students adapt to the 24/7 nature of their industries. You’re learning more in a shorter period of time, and starting out on your professional path earlier.Learn more about why we're different
Application deadline approaching: Apply by May 4 for all 2018 campus start dates.Click here for all the details
Project LaunchBox™ is a Full Sail program that provides students with powerful technology to help create projects. All of your files, multimedia creations, and coursework are at your fingertips 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Request more information about this program.
- Apple MacBook Pro
- AppleCare Extended Warranty
- Microsoft Office 365
- Alan Parsons' Art & Science of Sound Recording
- Desktop Microphone Stand
- Final Cut Pro
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 Gen 2
- Logic Pro
- LoJack Theft Prevention
- Pro Tools
- Sennheiser HD280 PRO Headphones
- Sennheiser E835-N Microphone
- USB-C to Ethernet Adapter
- USB-C to Micro-B Cable
- Waves Certification Program Plug-in Bundle
- 4-port USB Hub
- 25ft XLR Microphone Cable
Pricing and package specifications are subject to change. Some Project LaunchBox™ components are distributed during students' second year; some Project LaunchBox™ components are downloadable items.
For detailed tuition information about student outcomes and statistics, see consumer disclosures for this program.
To create a custom estimate of your tuition and costs, visit our Net Price Calculator.
In total, 41 graduates are credited on 46 artist releases in 36 categories.
Take an online tour of our many professional recording studios and labs, including the Audio Temple and Mix Palace.
16 Full Sail grads were credited on 16 nominated projects.